So, in the midst of the pandemonium of the finance function migration process that has dictated the flow of my life these past few weeks, I received a respite from fellow book blogger, Riddhi @ Whispering Stories. She nominated me for the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award! It was totally unexpected but something that I am truly grateful for, especially that I have been stuck in a rough patch lately.
Riddhi, thank you for the recognition. You are an amazing person and you have an amazing blog (if you haven’t checked it out, please do). No superlative is enough to describe the gratitude I feel in my heart right now.
What is the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award?
Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award is a non-official Award to the bloggers as a reward of wonderful work on their blogs. It’s just as important because it really reflects the good impact we can have on other people’s lives. It is important for the inspiration towards the success journey of our fellow bloggers and especially newbie’s to become the future Stars.
- Thank the person who has nominated you and provide a link back to his/her blog
- Answer their questions
- Nominate up to 9 other bloggers and ask them 5 new questions
- Notify the nominees through their blog by visiting and commenting on their blog
- List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award” logo
- Provide the link of the Award creator of the Ideal Inspiration Blogger award as Rising Star from: https://idealinspiration.blog
1. How often do you blog? Do you wish to blog more or less often?
~ With the quarantine and work from home measures still in place in the Philippines, I have been blogging nearly every other day. There were stretches that I publish a blog post every day as. Last August, I made a personal milestone as I published a blog post every day of the month, except for one day.
~ I wish I could blog more often because there are a lot of things I wanted to share from my various interests such as reading, travelling, and mountain climbing. But one has to earn a living I guess. In a way, I am grateful for the work from home arrangements for it allowed me time to catchup with my long standing posts.
2. What is the one thing you love about my blog? What is the one think you dislike about it (Don’t say nothing, we are past that)?
~ I like the enthusiasm captured in Riddhi’s blog. You cover a vast ground of the literary world. Your book reviews are concise and goes direct to the point. I just really like the fact that Whispering Stories is not limited to books and reading. Riddhi shares her thoughts on movies and more importantly, she echoes her thoughts on various social concerns as well.
~ There are too many book review on young adult fiction (I am just kidding of course!). To each one his/her own. 😀 There’s really nothing that I don’t like about your blog Riddhi. I respect everyone’s opinion. I just enjoy reading everyone’s thoughts, even if it is contrary to my own. It’s still growing and I wish you nothing but the best in your blogging journey.
3. What is your Covid experience? Describe in 8 words.
~ It is a time to reset one’s priorities.
4. Which 5 fictional characters would you like to invite to your birthday? They can be dead or alive.
~ Harry Potter Series’ Hermione Granger
~ Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple
~ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’s Ford Prefect
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes
~ Catcher in the Rye’s Holden Caulfield
5. What is the best gift you have ever gotten? (It can be anything)
~ Just being surrounded by people who love me is a great gift in itself. This is my own way of saying I don’t receive that much gift, whether during Christmas/Holiday Seasons or during my birthday. I only get gifts when we have exchange gifts (and I almost always list books on my gift wish list). I don’t really mind if I don’t get any physical gifts.
I want to reiterate that none of you is under any obligation to do this tag unless you truly want to. I totally understand if this is not your cup of tea. Happy blogging!
In no particular order:
- Julie @ One Book More
- Piyush @ The Thinking Pen
- Ayooluwa @ The Lit African
- Kitty Marie @ Kitty Marie’s Reading Corner
- Just_Me @ Happymess Happiness
- Aarti Athavle @ Books and Blues
- Naemi @ A Book Owl’s Corner
- Em @ The Geeky Jock
- Renee @ Renee Reviews
- Brianna @ Books with Brianna
- MrsWayfarer @ Living Free and Making a Difference
- Emer @ A Little Book Haze
- With the year drawing to a close, what are your three items on your wish list?
- What is something you look forward to in 2021?
- What is your biggest takeaway from the COVID19 pandemic and how are you applying it to your life?
- What inspired you to start your own blog? What is the vision you have for your blog, say in the next five years?
- How do you tackle challenging and confusing intersections in your life?