I was nominated (again) by Riddhi @ Whispering Stories for another blogging award, this time for the Beautiful Blogger Award. If you haven’t checked out Riddhi’s blog yet, do check it out. She writes interesting book reviews and her bookish discussions are compelling.
This is the first time I got nominated for this award. No word is enough to express how grateful I am to Riddhi for this new award nomination. I am truly elated, and thankful.
1. Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. ~ Thanks again Riddhi for this award nomination! 🙂
3. Tell 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.
Seven Random Facts About Me
1. The first book review I’ve written is for Mary Higgins Clark’s Before I Say Goodbye. It also happens to be the first novel I have ever read. I read the novel as part of an English class requirement during my sophomore year in high school. However, it was during my senior year that I really built the appetite for reading fictional works.
2. When I was younger, I tried selling popsicles to earn money. I think I was in Grade Six that time. However, none of my friends believe me when I tell them about it! They all think I am a spoiled child who never tried manual labor. LOL.
3. After watching Descendants of the Sun, (a Korean drama series), I tried learning Hangul, the Korean writing system. I can read Korean characters but I don’t know what they mean most of the time. I have been meaning to pursue my Korean lessons but I have a habit of procrastinating. I still have my notes though and I wanted to transfer it to my notebook to refresh my memory. But procrastination again overtook me.
4. Apart from Korean, I wanted to learn Spanish (in high school), Japanese, French and Italian (in college). But then again, procrastination took over. HAHA! The furthest I have gone is in learning Korean. Watching The Return of Superman taught me common animal and food terms.
5. Contrary to what everyone thought (in school), my favorite subject was geography, and not history. Since these subjects were taught together (with civics), everyone assumed that history was my favorite subject. I also excelled in English and Mathematics but they were never my favorite subjects.
6. I used to be a campus journalist. I was my school paper’s associate editor-in-chief during my last two years of high school. Because of my journalism endeavors, I participated and competed in press conferences. My specialty was sports writing which is I guess fitting because I am also an avid sports fan. I also play a couple of sports like volleyball, badminton, and lawn tennis.
7. Over two years ago, I got hooked with KPop (Korean Pop), when I started getting hooked with Korean boy group Shinee. I have since branched out to other groups such as Girl’s Generation, Black Pink, Red Velved, EXID, and NCT Dream. During the quarantine period, Seventeen gained a new fan in me. Recently, I was so happy when Shinee’s Minho got discharged from the military and got reunited with his bandmates.
P.S. I grew up in a house that loves music. This has turned me into a music lover. I can sing to almost any country, popular, and rock songs. But music don’t love me as much I guess. HAHA.
I enjoyed doing this blog post. One of the things I like about award nominations is that it allows me to get to know more about my fellow bloggers, and, consequently, they get to know more about me, beyond the virtual world. It is a great way to interact with fellow bloggers.
- Marjolein @ URL Phantomhive
- Julie @ One Book More
- MrsWayfarer @ Living Free and Making a Difference
- Emer @ A Little Book Haze
- Just_Me @ Happymess Happiness
- Alisbooks @ Our Book Boyfriends
- Aarti Athavle @ Books and Blues
I want to reiterate that none of you is under any obligation to do this tag unless you truly want to. I totally understand if this is not your cup of tea. Happy blogging!