I’ve been enjoying doing book tags lately and I found another one again! Epic Reads Book Tag has been around for quite some time but I still want to give it a try. So here’s my version of the Epic Reads Book Tag.
1) If you could invite one author and one of their fictional characters to tea, who would you invite and what would you serve them?
I would invite J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter to dinner. I would serve them the all-time favorite Filipino dish, adobo. If they are up to the challenge, I will dare them to eat that feared Filipino delicacy “balut” or boiled duck egg. 🙂
2) What book would you like a prequel for?
Twilight Series. I know it sounds corny but I want a substantiation of the Cullens’ story before they settled in Forks, Washington. Although bits and pieces of their story were given in the series, I still feel like Stephenie Meyer could have done more.
3) Which two characters (not from the same book) do you think would make a good couple?
Cedric Diggory (Harry Potter) and Bella Swan (Twilight) would probably make an interesting couple. Bella switching from a vampire to a wizard just piques my curiosity. Interestingly, Cedric and Edward Cullen were both played by Robert Pattinson in the movie adaptation of these respective books.
4) If you ran into your favorite author on the train and could only say one sentence to them, who would it be and what would you say?
I don’t know. I’d probably be too dumbstruck but would muster the courage to say “Can I take a selfie with you J.K. Rowling?” or “Can you please sign my book?” Haha. On a more serious note, I will ask her more about her works. I will ask her pieces of advice that will help me improve my writing. But then, I might be too dumbstruck I wouldn’t be able to ask these questions anyway.
5) What book made you a reader and why?
The book that turned me into a reader was Mary Higgins-Clark’s A Cry in the Night. I didn’t really expect to get lost in the narrative and the suspense but I did, and I yearned for more.
6) Your bookshelf just caught on fire! What book would you save and why?
I love all of my books so I’ll try to save them all.
7) What dystopian world would you want to live in if you had to choose one and why?
I think the Cloud Atlas’ Nea So Copro will be a great place to settle in. However, it feels creepy being surrounded by clones. But hey, it is the future Korea!
8) What is your most epic read of all time?
Harry Potter series of course. It set a high bar but beyond Harry Potter, I have a lot of other epic reads. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz, Great Expectations by Charles Dickens are just among them.
That is the end of my Epic Reads Book Tag. I hope you enjoyed reading!