And, for the second time, I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award. This one is even more special as it was the Award’s creator, Petrel @ Dear Kitty, who nominated me for the award. I want to extend my gratitude to you. It was totally unexpected but nonetheless, deeply appreciated. The award’s goal is to give other bloggers more recognition. I do admire the philosophy behind as there are many non-mainstream bloggers who deserve more attention.
But before I dive into more drivel, let me get on with the award. The rules of this award are:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Nominate any number of people linking to their blogs and let them know you nominated them by commenting on their blogs.
- Come up with 7 questions for the people you nominated.
1. Where do most visits to your blog come from?
~ Most of my blog traffic comes from my home country, Philippines. However, in 2020, the most visits came from the United States. I am also gaining more views from other parts of the world. I am humbled by this and is pumping me up to do better job, both as a writer and a blogger.
2. What is your favourite sport?
~ Ah. This one is a bit difficult to call because I am a sportsman. I do love a lot of sport. I started with badminton, then volleyball and lately, I have been playing a lot of lawn tennis. I play decently across these three disciplines but if I were to favor one sport, I would go with Badminton.
~ P.S. I do watch a lot of sport as well, like basketball, gymnastics, and even synchronized swimming.
3. What has been a special moment for you so far in 2020?
~ As we all pretty well know, 2020 has become a black hole of a year. The emergence of the COVID19 has led to a virtual stand still. I’m trying to cull my brain for any special moment but I can’t seem to remember any. Perhaps my giving a mother’s day cake to my mother and a father’s day cake to my father will count as a special moment. It is my first time giving them a mother’s day and a father’s day gift. It was more special as my younger brother and I live away from home. So yeah, I guess that is it.
4. What is your favourite quote?
~ It’s from Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s ever popular children’s book, The Little Prince:
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”
5. What is/was your favourite class when still at school?
~ I’ve always loved history and geography. It was just so unfortunate that my teachers made it bland, especially my World History teacher. Haha! Even though I didn’t favor them, I’ve always excelled in Mathematics and English.
6. Anything you had wished to have learned earlier?
~ The proper use of categories and tags in WordPress in order to attract more reader traffic. LOL.
7. Which politician would you never vote for, supposing you could vote for him or her?
~ All populist leaders who are mishandling the COVID19 pandemic, who chose to dismiss science. There’s plenty of them out there and I don’t need to go far to find one *wink wink*.
I hope I did justice to Dear Kitty’s questions. It was both challenging and interesting finding answers to them.
- Violet @ Wool & Words
- Ayooluwa @ The Lit African
- Madame Writer @ Madame Writer Blog
- Julie @ One Book More
- Pink Roses @ EM Book Stuff
- Piyush Gulati @ The Thinking Pen
- Anjana @ Superfluous Reading
- Tell us more about your blog. What motivated you into starting your own blog?
- What inspires you to keep on blogging or writing?
- Of the blog pieces you’ve written, what do you like or love the most?
- What movie or book best depicts your life story?
- How did you cope/how are you coping with the lockdowns and the restrictions?
- What are three things you’ve learned while in quarantine?
- Give one advise you can give to those who want to start their own blogs.
Again, I don’t want to impose on any of you. If you opt not to do this tag, I fully understand. However, if you do choose to do this tag, please note that there is no timeline; you can do it at your own time. Just don’t forget to tag me so that I can read your interesting answers!
Happy blogging everyone!