I came across this book tag through The Book Subscription. And because I love coffee, I simply could not pass the opportunity of doing this book tag. Due to the damp and cold days, I could totally use a cup of coffee to arouse my spirits. The weather is bringing me so much nostalgia, pushing me to finally do this book tag.
I hope you like my answers!
1. Black Coffee | Name A Series That’s Tough To Get Into But Has Hardcore Fans
The trilogy started alright, I mean I love adventure stories. It was quite difficult warming up to but I managed to navigate my way through The Golden Compass. Everything started going awry and perplexing with The Subtle Knife, and even worse in The Amber Spyglass. In the end, there were just too many WTF moments for me.
2. Peppermint Mocha | Name A Book That Gets More Popular During the Winter or A Festive Time of Year
Of course, the most obvious choice! LOL. Although I have to admit it, I haven’t read the book, yet. It is part of my reading bucket list you because you know, Charles Dickens.
3. Hot Chocolate | What Is Your Favorite Children’s Book
I just love Patrick Ness’ A Monster Calls. It is a very subtle story about coping with grief. It is so different from what one would expect of a children’s book. However, its profound theme and magical storytelling elevates it. Patrick
4. Double Shot of Espresso | Name A Book That Kept You On the Edge Of Your Seat From Start to Finish
There was just something about Saleem Sinai’s story that is riveting. There was also a perfect mix of surrealism and reality that keeps the reader’s interest at bay. Besides, Saleem is a very inconsistent narrator, hence, attention is required from start to finish. Just kidding, it was a gripping story, overall.
5. Starbucks | Name A Book You See Everywhere
Even before it was adapted into film, I kept on encountering Ransom Riggs’ peculiar (and eerie) book cover no matter what bookstore I find myself in. It was everywhere that it piqued my interest. I even considered buying myself a copy. Maybe someday.
6. The Hipster Coffee Shop | Give A Book By An Indie Author A Shout Out
Unfortunately, I don’t know any independent author. My bad.
7. Oops! I Accidentally Ordered Decaf | Name A Book You Were Expecting More Of
The book earned so much hype when it was adapted into the small screen. More importantly, it touches base with a subject that is very dear to me. Unfortunately, I expected too much from the book. The main subject was scarcely dealt with and it was just an overall dampener.
8. The Perfect Blend | Name A Book Or Series That Was Both Bitter And Sweet, But Ultimately Satisfying
9. Green Tea | Name A Book Or Series That Is Quietly Beautiful
I don’t even need words to explain this.
10. Chai Tea | Name a Book Or Place Series That Makes You Dream Of Far Off Places
I know. This is a rather peculiar choice. But when the question asks of a book that makes me dream of far off places, then it would be Italo Calvino’s If on a winter’s night a traveler for reasons that are, well, different. It makes me dream and think of the dimensions of literature, of its vastness, of its greatness. It makes me long for worlds that only the mind can conjure. This book showed me the power of storytelling in a way that is very distinct.
11. Earl Grey | Name Your Favorite Classic
There are a lot of classical novels that I love but I guess I’ll have to settle for Leo Tolstoy’s War and Peace. It is just one of many though.
Anyone who loves coffee and reading.
It makes me so happy when other bloggers do the tags as i don’t always have the time to tag people! Great answers too 😀
I still don’t know what I should do with the “His dark Materials” series
LikeLiked by 1 person
I always try to give some time for doing book tags as it is part of my 2019 reading resolutions 🙂 My mission is to do at least one monthly. So far, I am able to do so.
LikeLiked by 2 people
I try to do them when I am not in the mood to write a review but the problem is that whenever I finish one, I get tagged for two xD
LikeLiked by 1 person