And the blogging awards start to pour in.
Prior to 2020, I was nominated for a blogging award just once, although I have been blogging for over four years. I do maintain that it was never my goal to gain any award as The Pine-Scented Chronicles is an avenue for me to share my thoughts. Nevertheless, awards and recognition are wonderful ways of validating all my efforts. I am always humbled that fellow bloggers take time to read my blog posts.
To Salsa World Traveler’s Blog, I want to extend my gratitude for nominating my blog for the Real Net Blogger Award. I am stoked and honored; I always feel blessed that, through blogging, I have come across fellow bloggers who share the same passion. Before I get carried away, as I always do, let me go back to this award.
After searching, I learned that the The Real Neat Blogger Award was started back in 2014 by Dear Kitty 1, with the goal of giving other bloggers more recognition. It is but fair to credit and share Kitty’s blog.
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the person who nominated you, linking to their blog.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs; and asking them seven questions.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Now for Salsa World Traveler’s Blog’s Questions and my answers
(1) Why do you blog?
I am often asked this question, even by my non-blogging friends. The question draws me back to mid-2015 when a friend inspired me to do my own blog because she recognizes my capabilities as a writer. Moreover, I’ve always wanted to write as well but I never got the chance to start on it. Her prodding sufficed to finally take the leap. Back then, my blogging was purposeless but as I write and blog more, my purpose took a more solid shape. I blog to share my thoughts, and emotions. By doing so, I hope to inspire others through my works,
(2) What is the least enjoyable part of blogging for you?
There is one part of blogging that really ticks me off – the aesthetic part. It was a challenge, especially when I started, to choose a format that suits me best. There are so many physical elements of my blog that I want to improve but I am too lazy to do so. Haha!
(3) Do you use airline miles or credit card points for travel? If so which miles or points are your favorite?
I do have some local airline miles by local carriers – Cebu Pacific Get Go Card and Air Asia BIG. I’ve never tried the country’s flagship, Philippine Airlines yet, unfortunately. Of the two I have, I prefer Cebu Pacific because there are a lot of ways to earn points. It is just sad that they don’t offer as much travel discounts as they used to do.
(4) What are your favorite pastimes (other than blogging :))?
Apart from blogging, my favorite pastimes are: 1) reading novels (obviously); 2) travelling and mountain climbing (again, obviously); and 3) playing sports like badminton and lawn tennis.
(5) Music and dance are universal. Do you have a favorite type of each?
I love music because I grew up in a house that reveres music, particularly country music. Despite this, my taste in music is more universal compared to my parents, and it also changes based on my mood. My current favorite is Korean Pop (or KPop for short) although I love Pop Music in general (because, as I have said, I grew up in a house that is reverberating with country music).
Unfortunately, I am not much of a dancer. As the local saying goes, I dance with two left feet. I enjoy Korean Pop dance though and I am taking the time to learn some too. Haha. I also used to enjoy ballroom dances such as swing and tango.
(6) Do you have a favorite airline? If so, which one?
Can we just skip this one? Haha. I’ve only tried local carriers like Air Asia, Cebu Pacific, and SkyJet and not one passes my standards. The only non-local carrier I’ve tried is VietJet which is not really an unpleasant one but not a pleasant one either. If I have to choose, I’ll pick Cebu Pacific because their fleet is newer. They’re still notorious for their delays though.
(7) Hotel, B & B, AirBnB, or other?
I am indifferent to either. For practicality, AirBnB or a lodging that is cheaper for as long as the primary amenities are there. But if I can have a five-star hotel treatment, then I’ll jump for the chance!
These are interesting questions. For the first time, I’m answering non-reading or non-book related questions; although I wouldn’t mind if they were. I hope you enjoyed my answers!
- Happymess Happiness
- Alisbooks @ Our Book Boyfriends
- FictionFan @ FictionFan Book Reviews
- Emer @ A Little Book Haze
- HappyTonic @ ReadingTonic Book Reviews
- Daniel @ Daniel’s Eco Travels
- Saul @ Modern Day Igorot
- If you’re not doing practicing your current profession, what would you be doing right now?
- When this Covid-19 eases, what is the first place you’d want to visit or what is the first thing you’d do that you are unable to do right now?
- Name three adjectives to describe your blog.
- If you were given the chance to write a book, what kind of book would your write? What will it be about?
- Apart from blogging, what is your favorite lockdown activity?
- Give one book or one series (choose which one) that can describe your life. Name the character who best represents you.
- Give one advise you can give to those who want to start their own blogs.
Again, I don’t want to impose on any of you. If you opt not to do this tag, I fully understand. However, if you do choose to do this tag, please note that there is no timeline; you can do it at your own time. Just don’t forget to tag me so that I can read your interesting answers!
Happy blogging everyone!