Happy Tuesday everyone! It is the second day of the week already but I hope everyone is doing well and is safe. Tuesdays also mean one thing, a Top Ten Tuesday update! Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s given topic is Comfort Read
Comfort read. Hmm. That entails rereading and, as most would already know, I am not much of a rereader. However, there are several books that I can consider my comfort reads, books that I know I can rely on when I need company. I picked them for a variety of reasons, from their ability to transport me to another world (escapism) to their ability to make me smile to their ability to remind me of my own vulnerabilities. Here are ten books I know I can find myself leaning on.
1. The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson
2. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
3. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
4. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
5. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
6. Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
7. The Girl With the Louding Voice by Abi Daré
8. Master of the Game by Sidney Sheldon
9. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
10. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
11. Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo
12. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides