I hope I am not too late for the festivities *haha*.
Anyway, it’s been some time since I did a book tag so I decided to do another one. Besides, I did resolve to do at least one each month. For February, I could have gone with the hackneyed love-related book tags. But I have my reservations walking down that alley *lol*. It was just timely that I saw The Chinese New Year Book Tag through Kelly at Another Book in the Wall. Chinese New Year is usually celebrated in February (for 2019, it was February 5). It is not too different with Valentine’s though – red is the prevalent color for the day. And well, except for the dazzling fireworks displays.
But before I go dwelling on drivels, let me start this Book Tag.
- Answer the questions and share your zodiac animal (Only if you’re comfortable with it! If you don’t know, you can look it up online based on your birth year!)
- Pingback to the creator of the tag (hammockofbooks) and whoever tagged you so we can read your responses!
- Tag some of your friends! (But not four because that’s unlucky!)
MY ZODIAC ANIMAL
My Zodiac animal is the one that is always in a hurry – the horse, the METAL HORSE to be more specific. My propensity for the fast-paced life can probably be attributed to this. I want things to move fast; yes, I am very impatient. Even when I join climbs, some participants are flustered with my pace. I can’t deny it, there is a different fulfillment when I find myself ahead of the pack.
As a metal horse, I am “brave, secure and upfront”. I am ambitious and is a great innovator. I a challenge and take great delight in solving complicated problems. I like to have a certain amount of independence and resent any outside interference in my affairs.
I am not sure on the “brave”, “secure” and “upfront” part though. Haha!
1. NEW YEAR | A BOOK WITH A PHENOMENAL BEGINNING
2. CHINESE NEW YEAR | A BOOK BY AN ASIAN AUTHOR
3. LUNAR NEW YEAR | A BOOK THAT TAKES PLACE IN SPACE
5. ZODIAC/YEAR OF THE PIG | AN ANIMAL SIDEKICK
6. LUCKY COLOR RED | A BOOK WITH A RED COVER
7. FIRECRACKERS | A BOOK EXPLODING WITH ACTION
The Hunger Gamesby Suzanne Collins| Goodreads
8. RED ENVELOPES | A BOOK YOU CAN’T WAIT TO OPEN
IT by Stephen King | Goodreads
I am not really a fan of horror fiction but since this is the only book I received as a gift that is left unread, I am going to place it here. I am still looking forward to the experience nonetheless. It is, after all, like a cult fiction. I have watched the latest version of the movie. Had to close my eyes on several scenes though; I didn’t relish the suspense. Haha!
9. DELICIOUS FOOD | A BOOK THAT MADE YOU SO HUNGRY
10. GATHERING WITH FAMILY | AN AMAZING FICTIONAL FAMILY
The Weasleys from the Harry Potter series. They are a wonderful mix of interesting, annoying, and lovable characters. More than that, they the epitome of an amazing (although noisy) family. And the one that anchored this large family – the mother, Molly Weasley. I can still remember how courageously she went after Bellatrix Lestrange after Lestrange killed one of her sons.
As per always, I am not going to tag anyone to do this book tag. However, if you want to, go ahead. Just don’t forget to tag me in your own version. On another note, I am interested to know what are your favorite Asian works. Share it on the comment box. Happy reading!
(Belated) Happy Chinese New Year everyone! Gong Xi Fa Cai!
Here’s a happy gif to shower everyone with prosperity!
Hunger Games is definitely exploding with action! So glad you did this tag ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
It was an interesting tag 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person